You know that spring is here with the arrival of fresh blooms, pretty pastels… and Easter decorations and ideas blowing up the blogosphere and Pinterest boards! While back in the day the dyeing of Easter eggs seemed to only be a (messy) childhood activity, things are a bit different now. Egg dyeing and decorating has become quite the art form!
We here at CLD love our arts and crafts and with Easter only a week away, we might go a little crazy with a few of these amazing Easter egg ideas. Here are a few of our favorites:
Hold up. Here’s a quick reminder of how to prep your eggs for dyeing and decorating:
1) Put eggs in a sauce pan in one single layer.
2) Cover with cold water, covering eggs by at least 2 inches.
3) Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
4) Once the water is boiling, take the pot off the stove, cover the pot and let it stand for about 12 minutes.
5) After time is up, put eggs in cold water to stop the cooking process.
6) Make sure eggs are completely cooled before using and clean the shells with a paper towel dipped in white vinegar.
Now, onto the cool stuff we are dye-ing to try!
Inspiring Messages. Easy, all you need is a happy thought and a sharpie!
Ombrè Eggs. Still on trend!
Awesome calligraphy, great way to practice!
Modern Eggs. Uses paper maiche eggs for less mess!
We hope you have a great weekend of crafting!!